First of all let me say that these predictions are not based on some divine revelation but are simply observations that have come to me as I have read and watched trends on the end of the world 2012 topic. You will need to do your own research and I accept no responsibility for any actions taken based on the information that follows.
Secondly, if you are after quick, easy to understand answers to the common end of the world 2012 predictions, please visit our FAQ PAGE.
1. There will be more natural disasters. By “more” I mean two things.
First, I mean “more” in the sense that we will keep having natural disasters. In other words, they will not stop in 2012. Like just about every other year in recorded history, there will be natural disasters in 2012. But these will not bring about the end of the world on December 21, 2012. I think just about everyone knows this. We live in a world where the forces of nature are in turmoil and we have no control over them. You only have to read the news to see a pattern of on-going disruption in the forces of nature. So this will mean we will continue to experience, hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, droughts and volcanic activity. All this is in line with Bible prophecy which I hasten to add, does not give a date for the end of the world, only that it will end.
Secondly, I mean more in the sense of “greater” natural disasters, ultimately, when the final round of God's judgement are poured out on the earth. Revelation 6:12-14 says, "I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as late figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. The sky receded like a scroll, rolling up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place." So this really is, THE BIG ONE!
But until that day comes we will keep getting various earthquakes in diverse places which means that some will be big and possible even bigger than we've ever had before. This is not something that will necessarily be easy to predict just by looking at patterns such as earthquakes in the last 10 years for example. If you look at the last 100 years you will see that it shows an upward trend in the NUMBER of disasters but a downward trend in the SIZE of disasters. So while there have been some large natural disasters in the last decade there have been some even bigger ones at the beginning of the last century making it look like natural disasters are not getting bigger. However, when you extend the time line, it paints a different picture… it shows that over the last 1000 years, there is an upward trend in LARGE natural disasters with 7 of these occurring since 1769. This big picture certainly does indicate that these events are leading one day to the end of the world. But this is not a 2012 end of the world picture See www.DISDAT.com and http://across.co.nz/WorldsWorstDisasters.html for more info on trends. See our Natural Disasters page for more on this.
One natural disaster that has been associated with 2012 end of the world theories is disruption to national power grids through solar flares and Coronal Mass Ejections (CME’s). However, while this has happened in the past and will no doubt happen in the future, NASA has said that the solar maxim (the peak of an 11 year cycle the sun seems to go through which brings about larger X class flares) will not most likely be reached in 2013 or later. Check our page: Solar Flares 2012 for heaps more on this and a really cool video that explains a lot.
2. Hardening of hearts because of people crying wolf! After the Harold Camping Prediction failed catastrophically in predicting the rapture, final judgement and the end of the world in 2011, many people have gone off the boil so far as their interest in doomsday theories are concerned. Another “religious nut” was wrong again about the end of the world, so why should we expect anything to come from the so called Mayan calendar 2012 end of the world prophecy? As the saying goes, “once bitten, twice shy”. Or in Camping’s case, 3-4 times bitten…. That said, some will still go back for more because we have this fascination with our ultimate doom.
3. Fear, Panic, Anxiety…. In contrast to a hardening of hearts, there will also be those who are gripped by fear, panic and anxiety when they see that natural disasters are continuing to happen. It may not be the end of the world but it will still appear that way. While there have been many false alarms, the uncertainty of our times remain. Some of the uncertainty has been the result of misinformation (whether intentional or not). Some end of the world prophets of doom have presented theories that have been convincing to some. Almost everyone will instantly think of Harold Camping’s prediction of the the Rapture on May 21, 2011 and Judgement day five months later on October 21, 2011. While this will cause some to become numb to any warnings of impending doom, it will only make others more jumpy and nervous.
4. Increased promotion of and spending on survival strategies. In many ways, this is a good idea as we know for sure that throughout history, many lives could have been saved if there had been a plan not just to protect people during a natural disaster but to avoid putting them in harms way. Two ways of keeping people out of harm’s way (while not stopping the disaster itself) would be to build higher barriers around waterfronts and/or not build large cities on sea fronts. And while the Civil Defence cannot stop a volcano from erupting or a tidal wave from crashing on the shores of populated areas, they have the experience and strategies that can in many cases reduce death and injury during a disaster. Of course this doesn’t mean you have to go out today and invest your life savings on a concrete bunker that will help you live through a worldwide holocaust. The reality is of that these strategies cannot prevent natural disasters or, ultimately, protect people from God’s divine judgement on the earth; the exact times of which we are not told – something Harold Camping did not seem to understand. In other words, when God’s final judgement comes on the earth, it won’t matter how deep your bunker is. No Civil Defence or modern survival strategy will protect you from the real end of the world judgements and what they lead to – the judgement seat of God.
5. Profiteering. It seems that where there’s an end of the world scenario or disaster, there is money to be made. There will most likely be no more2012 books or 2012 movies on end of the world 2012 predictions but other theories will emerge and with them, books, movies and better survival kits. At this time in human history, there is so much more knowledge than ever before about the world we live in. Not only that, but information so much easier to get through the Internet. This can be a bad thing as well as a good thing as it can be difficult to work out who’s telling the truth.
6. More UFO sightings. One organisation reported a 67% increase in 2011 of UFO sightings over the previous three years. I have a suspicion that this trend may well continue into 2012 but it will not be the end of the world. I want to stress that these are only “sightings”. In other words, we have yet to see any formal interview on national TV with an alien from another world. Until that time, we only have UFO sightings. Let’s remember what UFO stands for: UNIDENTIFIED flying objects! We don’t actually know what they are. There are also reports of abduction. While something real may have happened to “abductees” and while they are reported by people of various ages, cultures and backgrounds, these alien abduction reports remain highly subjective and are therefore hard to prove that they are what people say they are. On this note, when people speak of aliens they generally imply a being from another planet. But an alien is only an alien because they do not appear to have come from our world (ie. humans living on earth). So it does not necessarily follow that because something is unidentified or and not from our planet, that it/they are from another planet. They could be from another dimension… a spiritual dimension. Many believe that this is the spiritual dimension of angels and demons. This is something worth seriously considering. See our Aliens and UFOs page for more on this. We have a whole video UFO and Alien video series you can watch. In fact, we have two!
7. New doomsday theories to take over the old. I believe this will happen because of (1) this world’s fascination with its own demise and (2) the need to create more disaster movies. If you look back over the years to all the failed doomsday theories, it hasn’t stopped people coming up with new ones. Of course, none of these failures means that the world will not end one day and in a cataclysmic way. The Bible has end of the world prophecies that speak of such an ending to civilisation before people are brought before the judgement seat of God. But, unlike all these other doomsday prophecies and predictions, the Bible does NOT give a date. It simply says that certain end of the world judgements will happen and it puts the focus on being ready for them and right before God when you die. One of those judgements is about 50kg hailstones. I’ll be doing a separate article about this at a later date.
8. An increased ability to predict natural disasters. The scientific equipment used to detect things such as asteroids and earth tremors has become more efficient. Also, more connections are being made between certain events in the animal kingdom and the destructive forces of nature (eg. large numbers of fish and birds dying, the beaching of whales). And, there is greater and more efficient reporting and collaboration across the world as world communities combine resources to increase the warning and reduce the fallout at times of natural disaster.
9. War, rioting and unrest. As governments continue to fail their people and as people see the power they have to move governments to change (as they have in Africa states in 2011), people will continue to rise up, sometimes at great sacrifice, and demand and end to oppressive regimes. There will be successes and there will be failures.
10. Closer moves to a New World Order as a result of economic collapse and environmental issues. The European economy is in a mess and the USA has a national debt in the trillions!!! Need I say more? Other nations are also going through their own upheavals. There does not appear to be a quick fix on the horizon but the trend seems to be for entities like the United Nations to seek more control. We see this in international agreements to reduce nuclear warheads and control the emission of greenhouse gases. This is not necessarily a bad thing in itself because we all want to live in peace and a healthy environment, not chaos. The concerning thing is that the push for a new world order (NWO) seems to be happening despite proof of the problems trying to be fixed. Some would argue that the problems were created, engineered, in order for an elite world group to be in and be the saviour. For example, there is still much controversy over whether global warming is actually human caused and whether carbon taxes etc. will actually make any difference in controlling our climate. Conspiracy theorists believe that those seeking power are willing to go to great lengths to seize the opportunity to bring about their plan for a new world order; a one world government. This could be the topic of a future article as it relates very much to end of the world prophecies about a one world government.
PS. When December 21, 2012 is over and we’re still all here the next day, I think you will hear a loud and resounding “We told you so” from the Mayans!
PPS. THERE WILL BE A 2012 GALACTIC ALIGNMENT Click the link to the left to watch a brief video. Text information also available on this page.