We respect anyone who believes that Harold Camping is right about May 21 2011 Judgement Day. You will not have come to this decision lightly. We are also mindful that the first thing Jesus said to his disciples when they asked when the end of the world would be, was, "Watch out that no one deceives you" (Matthew 24:4). Because of this, we believe that is worth thinking through how you may feel and respond if Harold Camping is wrong.
Please read the following carefully....
- Be prepared to accept that you are wrong. Many others have claimed to know the end of the world before now, and obviously they were wrong. They too misinterpreted Scripture, so if the rapture does not occur on the 21st of May 2011 then you will have joined their ranks. This will be a blow to your ego and some will find this failure very emotional. The best course of action is to prepare to be humble.
- Don't let this failure destroy your faith. The Bible was not wrong, you just interpreted it incorrectly. Harold Camping and his complex string of assumptions and fact fiddling has failed you, God's Word has not failed you.
- If you are not raptured on the 21st of May 2011, don't panic. It is not because you are a bad Christian, it is because the date is wrong. You'll find it hard to believe that something you held with such ardor and faith is erroneous, and so you will be prone to blame yourself. Don't fall into the trap of self condemnation, read Romans 8:1. Remember also that it will be extremely obvious when Jesus Christ returns, like lightning across the whole sky, there is no chance that anybody will miss it, Luke 17:24.
- Before the 21st of May 2011 do not do any of these things: do not sell your house and give the money away, do not stop paying bills, do not say anything you will regret to friends and family, don't quit your job, don't leave your loved ones. Don't do anything that will damage your life if the 21st of May 2011 proves not to be rapture day.
- Don't harm yourself or others. Some people who were convinced the end was coming have committed suicide or even hurt or killed others. We at Cultwatch don't believe any of Harold Camping's followers would do this. But understand that this sort of thing has happened before, and so it is prudent to talk about this unlikely possibility. If you think you might react in this way to the failure of the 21st of May 2011 date, then you need to let people know now. Do not be alone on the 21st and 22nd of May 2011. If you think there is any risk of you harming yourself or others, then be bold enough to speak out now.
Finally, please be encouraged to know that people love you and are praying for you.
The above 5 points comes from cultwatch.com